Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My pug has an extremely small, superficial cut on the side

Customer Question

My pug has an extremely small, superficial cut on the side of her nose. How do I take care of that? (It's stopped bleeding, but is still raw and red.) I don't know how she cut it, but she's not with other dogs or outside.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. If it has stopped bleeding and very superficial, you may not need to do much with it. I would make sure you have cleaned it with some soap and water. You can disinfect it once with hydrogen peroxide, but do not keep on putting hydrogen peroxide on it. Instead, make sure it is dry and put a triple antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin, on it a couple of time a day. If it is looking worse by Monday, I would have your vet check it out. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 8 months ago.

Just plain soap will work. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 8 months ago.

The other question was closed because it was still related to this question. That is why no one can get back to you about it. Please reply back to this message thread. Plain soapy will work just fine. You don't see anti-bacterial soap. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Gracie is doing and to see if you have any further questions.