Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

Vomiting clear slimy stuff drinking but not eating, he could

Customer Question

Vomiting clear slimy stuff drinking but not eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: he could have but I didn't see any thing except two nights ago I dropped a raisin and he got it
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Duke is 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Duke?
Customer: don't know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you.

I'm sorry Duke is not feeling well. Vomiting and loss of appetite are typically associated with gastrointestinal, liver or kidney problems, but are very nonspecific clinical signs. In any of these organs you can have inflammation or an infection. The best way to determine what is causing the nausea is to have a physical examination, a urinalysis and bloodwork at your local veterinary hospital. Until you are able to see your veterinarian, you can give Duke Pepcid AC 1 mg per 2 pounds body weight. This will help decrease nausea. After you have given the Pepcid, wait about two hours and then you can offer a little bit of boneless/skinless chicken and white rice. If he is able to keep this down then you should feed him a few smaller meals over the course of a day. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread or a couple of days, even after rating my response.