Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog Sophie is a peek a poo abt 8 hrs old, she's had

Customer Question

My dog Sophie is a peek a poo abt 8 hrs old, she's had spells of shivering for a few years I've taken her to the vet and he said her sugar was dropping so she started shivering again yesterday evening I d the Karo syrup routine ( this usually takes care of the problem but it's not doing much this time, she stretches and whines can't lay still is hiding under my bed, and is still shivering I've latex her on her favorite blanket covered her up in case she was cold or having aniexty but she jumps up takes off running ! Help!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Sophie. How old is Sophie?
Customer: She's abt 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: No she's usually a very energetic
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sophie. I am also sorry you did not get help with an expert before now. I just came online and saw your question. How is she doing now?

Shivering can be a sign of pain in dogs. Whining and hiding can also be signs of pain.

Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Is she eating? You could try giving her baby aspirin (only aspirin, no other pain reliever) if she is 15 to 20 pounds. Only try it once, to be sure it helps and does not make her vomit. If she is less than 15 pounds, give 1/2.

If it helps, then I suspect she may have back or neck pain, and would have her checked out by her veterinarian.

Let me know if this helps and how she is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is Sophie? I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response.