Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

Panting shinning went in other room looking at me lying down

Customer Question

Panting shinning went in other room looking at me lying down is he hungry? He doesn't eat dog food...what can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mr tux 6yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mr?
Customer: Never sick
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear that Mr. Tux is not feeling well. This panting usually indicates some form of pain and this could be due to an unstable disc in his back or a digestive issue. If he starts vomiting, then this is digestive. If not, then this is most likely caused by a back issue.

The best thing you can do for now as long as you can get Mr. Tux to eat something, is to give him aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will decrease the inflammation that is causing his pain and start to stabilize this disc. Do not allow him to jump on or off anything or even climb stairs to allow this disc to stabilize. It is best to have your vet examine him to be sure that this is the case and that this treatment is appropriate. There could be other issues that would show these symptoms.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 29 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta