Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 28 pound dog ate a whole twix bar. I read and it says

Customer Question

Hi there my 28 pound dog ate a whole twix bar. I read and it says that because its a cookie and not just all chocolate she should be fine do you think i should be worried about it being serious or fatal?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Nope
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
About 10 minutes ago
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

A Twix is mostly cookie, sugar, etc. The amount of actual chocolate is probably not enough to make a dog sick. The first sign you would see is vomiting.

If you are worried, you could try to induce vomiting since this just happened. 1 to 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream, if the peroxide is fresh and not out of date, should get her to vomit the Twix bar.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is your dog today? Let me know if my answer was helpful!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. Can I answer anything else? How is your dog doing?