Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I came home and she was in the bathroom. I opened the door

Customer Question

I came home and she was in the bathroom. I opened the door for her to get out and she looks like she is having issues walking now she'said just laying on the sofa being lethargic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Classibell and she is about 24 months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Classibell?
Customer: I looked over her legs, nothing seems swollen, she seems to be having issues sitting up and she is never this quite.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 29 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you.

I need to ask a few questions.

Is Classibell walking at all?

If she is walking, is she bearing weight on all of her legs?

Does she appear to be incoordinated?

Could you possibly post a short video of her walking?

What breed is she?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
She tried to sit up twice and couldn't so she layed down. She seemed to try to put weight on it but she couldn't but her before is off to because she is never this calm and lazy like when I first get home. She doesn't seem to be incoordinated. I picked her up and put her on the sofa and she's just laying there staring at me. When I talk to her she will wag her tail and attempt to lick me if I am close enough. She is a terrier pit bull mix. She's never this docile. I can tried to get her to walk and upload a video but I'm not sure where too?

There should be a help button or a way to ask questions from a moderator. Is she able to stand on all four, or is she immediately sitting down on her back legs. I am trying to determine if she is able to bear weight on her back legs.