Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dog ate a tide to go stick. About 2/3 of it.

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long ago did he eat this?

Can you tell me how much he weighs?

Did he eat the packaging?

Can you confirm the ingredients?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Female golden doodle. 3years old, weighs 55 lb. some packaging but not all.Can't read ingredients. No phosphorus though. Ate it while I was gone. I came home 45 min ago. I'll look at ingredients on line
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Deionized water processing aid
Dipropylene Glycol Butyl Ether Solvent
Sodium Alkyl Sulfate Surfactant/Emulsifier
Hydrogen Peroxide Oxygen Bleach
Ethanol Solvent
Magnesium Sulfate processing aid
Alkyl Dimethyl Amine Oxide Surfactant
Citric Acid processing aid
Sodium Hydroxide pH adjustment
Trimethoxy Benzoic Acid Oxygen Bleach
Fragrance
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you,

Now I am glad to hear that she is a good size lass since a smaller lass would be more prone to adverse signs from this. If anything, we could see gut upset (vomiting, appetite loss, diarrhea). That said, if she only had part of this, then we may not see signs at all.

Of course, if she has ingested some of the packaging, we do need to keep an eye for the above signs but also belly discomfort, black stool or straining to pass stool. Any of those signs would raise concerns of a blockage and warrant a check with her vet +/- xray .

Otherwise, we’d just want to monitor her at this stage. If she has any drooling/mouth irritation, you can rinse her mouth with cool water. Afterwards, we can offer some mild to neutralize the ingredients present. And to address any potential GI upset, you can consider offering a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. And we can also add fiber (canned pumpkin, all bran, etc) to these meals to help keep any packaging in her gut moving through safely.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

All the best for you both,

Dr. B.