Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

I put Segeants evolve 21 flea & tick squeeze on my 3 year

Customer Question

i put Segeants evolve 21 flea & tick squeeze on my 3 year old (24lb) cocker spaniel at 6:00. She has been crazy ever since like she can't stop scratching and trying to lick the spot I put it at her tail. I gave her a benadryl at 6:30 and just gave her a good bath to wash it off. She still won't calm down. She has epilipsy and takes medication for it. Is she going to be alright. I read on line how bad this product is.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 29 days ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

This is not a good product, that is true. You need to get some Dawn dish soap (it must be Dawn) and give another bath, focusing on the area you put it on, and scrub hard. The symptoms will resolve in the next 24 hours or so, and these symptoms are mild compared to some dogs. If your dog takes phenobarbital, it may be a good idea to give a double dose tonight, and give 25mg of Benadryl every 6 hours until things are back to normal.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 28 days ago.

Just making sure... did you get my response?