Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 7 year old female boxer. She is very sick. She has

Customer Question

I have a 7 year old female boxer. She is very sick. She has lost her appetite, but she will drink water. She vomits, drools, and she lost weight. She just lies around. Don't know if she's in pain. I think she has some kind of virus. Oh, it appears that she has an eye infection. My name is*****
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the boxer?
Customer: The vet I took her to, first said she has lung cancer, ( I doubt) then he said it was the zika virus and he couldn't do anything for her. I live in Cleveland ohio.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello Donella, I am sorry to learn your dog is not feeling well. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Did your vet do any testing like x-rays, blood work, etc.?

3- How much does she weigh?