Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Simba needs glucosamine, chondroitin he is a chow chow with

Customer Question

Simba needs glucosamine, chondroitin he is a chow chow with pain when he walks. I have him several chewable kinds , he eats them at first and refuses anymore.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I bought him H3 essentials, doggie dallies advanced chewables and he spits them out
JA: What is the chow chow's name and age?
Customer: Simba is 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Simba?
Customer: He is spoiled rotten
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog Simba!!! You may consider trying something like Cosequin sprinkle capsules https://www.chewy.com/dog/dp/101453?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Nutramax&gclid=CjwKEAjwgo6_BRC32q6_5s2R-R8SJAB7hTG-ZGv0_362yP_81CRm9DIYArsarV9lrtxUmYxfioBOkBoCGijw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

which you can pull open and sprinkle on your dog's food that they already eat or onto a small amount of wet food or a piece of bread/etc. Most pets like the taste of this product in my experience.

Another option if you have problems getting him to take the supplement daily would be talking to your vet about Adequan injections. These are shots your vet gives that work similarly to the joint supplement. Initially you have to get them twice a week for a few weeks, then can switch to once or twice monthly. Just another option to consider if your pup is hard to medicate!

Here is an article on arthritis treatment options and you can read more about Adequan at the very bottom: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=587