Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

We think she may have gotten bitten by something th past few

Customer Question

We think she may have gotten bitten by something th past few days she has had Bumps on her belly and random parts of her body are inflamed. Yesterday it was her shoulder area tonight her eye
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No she bled from scratching but once she was aware she was bleeding she stoped
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Keyara she is 9 Months and loves to dig
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Keyara?
Customer: No other then this she has never had any health issues. She has all of her shots! She was a rescue pup
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 30 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now if she is developing these rashes/inflammation in different locations, then doesn't fit with a single bite. Instead, it is more suggestive of multiple bites or a contact allergy to something at home (ie carpet powder, laundry soap, plants she may have run through, etc). So, we'd want to look at what she has been in contact with and remove it for her. Otherwise, if her signs are mild, we can consider an OTC antihistamine. Most commonly we use Benadryl/Diphenhydramine (More Info/Dose @ A low dose (ie. 0.5-2 mg per pound of their body weight twice daily) can just be enough to reduce that allergic irritation. We like to keep the dose low, as it can cause drowsiness (just like people). And of course, this medication shouldn't be used if your wee one has any pre-existing conditions or is on any other medication without speaking to your vet first. Or if her signs are severe, then we'd want her vet to use a long acting steroid injection to break this allergic reaction for her.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 27 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.