Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian

Please! My 7 year old St Bernard was a puppy just yesterday.

Customer Question

Please! My 7 year old St Bernard was a puppy just yesterday. By evening she was drooling (not normal for her). Today she slept in the shade for hours on end. She ate at 3pm. By 6 , the right side of her face was hanging and drooling all over the place. She won't take water or food, she feels very hot, breathing is labored rapid and slow. She can walk but looks sickly. Last month we had a misdiagnosis of a uterine disease. An amazing hospital ran all tests and cleared her. Gave her antibiotics (because they had already begun them in the ER) and she was perfectly fine. She's been digging at her hips and ears lately but nothing aside from that. Our other dog was treated for ear infection last week (still being treated). Although her last bill drained us and I have no funds to speak of now, I'm going to call the hospital in the morning and pray for a miracle. But for now, I'm clueless and wishing I could give her some comfort. Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated
A broken hearted human
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I am reviewing your question now.

Okay, so it sounds like she has several different symptoms-

-droopy right side of her face with drooling

-not eating or drinking

-feels hot, possible fever (can you take her temperature?)

-fast breathing

I am also assuming that she is not spayed because you mentioned that a previous clinic was concerned about uterine disease. Is this correct?

Did I miss anything?

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 30 days ago.

How is Sharlo doing? Any change since you posted your question? I was worried about her.

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 29 days ago.
Hi Jen,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sharlo. How is everything going?

Dr. Amanda