Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has a very large and fast growing fatty tumor on his

Customer Question

my dog has a very large and fast growing fatty tumor on his ribcage. I've already paid for a biopsy and they believe it is not cancerous however it is growing fast and at present the size of a football. they want $1800 to remove it and I don't have it. He's starting to limp and have trouble getting up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: I found him on the freeway 8 yrs ago and I don't want him to die because I don't have that money right away. He has extensive veterinary history. all his shots and all. Also he likes going to the Vet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What does the $1800 include, did they send you with an estimate?
2) Does he seem to be in pain aside from the limping?