How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amanda Your Own Question
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 788
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Amanda is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

He ate some mouse poison, He was licking a block of mouse

Customer Question

He ate some green mouse poison
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: He was licking a green block of mouse poison and mY have ingested some. We found traces of it inside his mouth
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.


My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog ate mouse poison.

You need to make him vomit immediately! These poisons will also kill dogs if the dog eats them.

You can make him vomit by giving him 2-3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide by mouth. He should vomit within 5 to 10 minutes. If you cannot do this, you need to take him to your local animal ER immediately so they can make him vomit and get the poison out of his system.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.


How is your dog today? Any problems from the rat poison? Were you able to make him vomit?

Dr. Amana

Related Dog Veterinary Questions