Jeffrey Evans
Jeffrey Evans,
Experience:  Veterinarian at North Shore Animal Hospital
95953543

I believe he may have ingested methamphetamine, His name is

Customer Question

I believe he may have ingested methamphetamine
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** approximately over 6 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sancho?
Customer: No I'm he's in good health and he's just I'm not sure but he's just swinging his head back and forth and he's just really agitated
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! This is Dr. Evans, do you have some time to chat now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog acting differently? restless, panting, coughing, etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure but I think he may have ingested some methamphetamine he's very agitated I used to work for a veterinarian and he's acting like animals that I have seen come into work that had ingested toxins toxins that you

Is there any way that your dog was exposed to ethylene glycol, ammonia, drain cleaners, etc.... the products used to make methamphetamine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No but I had someone around my house visiting that I know does methamphetamines that's why I'm thinking that he somehow got a hold of some

Are you aware of any posible methamphetamine around that he could have been exposed to? Or is he just acting very restless?

Got it.

How big is your dog and do you know how much it could have gotten into? Also, please list any symptoms.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please tell me what I can do is there anything that I can give him I know that they used to use alcohol for antifreeze poisoning would that work with methamphetamine

That will not work.... any idea how long ago it was ingested?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Centro is a Chihuahua approximately 8 pounds I have no idea how much he got into really his symptoms are he's just moving his head back and forth and Stevie Wonder type motion and that's about all he won't walk or anything when I put him down he just turned on his back
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would say I've noticed it lasted maybe 20 minutes ago we started with this shaking his head moving his head back and forth rolling his head

Soak a piece of bread with hydrogen peroxide and feed it too him to make him vomit.

He really needs to see a vet ASAP if you have one in your area... don't worry... veterinarians are not police... they just want to help... and we see this and other drug related toxicities frequently.

Can I help you with anything else?

Please rate me when you get a chance.

Please don't forget to give me a rating!

And also I'd love to get an update!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jeffrey Evans