jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.

His breath smells like che chenicala, Sorry chemicals, Max,

Customer Question

His breath smells like che chenicala
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sorry chemicals
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Max, 1 year old English golden retriever
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: No he's great. Always hungry Max
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Jane. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.

I think you need to get him in to the vet to be checked for diabetes mellitus. There are not a lot of things that cause an increase in appetite but diabetes does. Common symptoms are increased thirst, urinating more, weight loss, increased appetite, dehydration, and sudden cataract formation. He may not have all these symptoms if you are catching this early. A chemical odor to the breath is another symptom. You can also smell this chemical odor in a dog with liver issues.

You can read more about diabetes here:

Bad breath from a sour stomach can also cause a bad odor but most people are aware of that type of odor. An odor similar to acetone polish remover is often associated with diabetes. Since he is always hungry it doesn't sound like his stomach is upset and since diabetes also causes a dog to want to eat all the time, I'd have him tested. You might also want to read the following site as it does mention that juvenile diabetes is seen in golden retrievers.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.