Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I am finding small droplets of blood which is coming from my

Customer Question

I am finding small droplets of blood which is coming from my dog's penis. He is a 6 year old bouvier.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Wylie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wylie?
Customer: He seems to be fine otherwise, except when I slightly squeezed his penis, he growled.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are 2 conditions that will cause this bleeding from the penis or around it. One is a primary Urinary Tract Infection or abnormality or a prostate issue, especially if Wylie is still an intact make. The fact that he is feeling pain tells me that it may well be related to an enlarged or infected prostate and this will require veterinary attention to run the tests and determine the cause and treatment for your sweet Wylie. I wish I could give you a better answer but without testing Wylie, it is hard to know what is causing this and how best to treat your guy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta