Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 4 year old Chiweenie, last night around 930pm he

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old Chiweenie, last night around 930pm he went missing. I went to find him and he was lying on my rug out the side of the bed. He never does this. He is always with me. I noticed that when I went to pick him up he whine and when I put him back on the floor, he seemed that he was favoring his right hip/leg. I hope that it isn't a disk hurt in his back. I put him in the floor last nigh tn a dog bed, but he cried to be with me. He sleeps with me. So I put him in the bed. He didn't sleep at all. He tries to walk but holds his right leg up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: MO
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about MO?
Customer: He seems to be chilling.He is drinking some water, but hasn't pee or had a bowel movement.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Mo. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:

1. Is he currently on any medication?

2. How much does he weigh?

Thanks, Deb