Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

How can I help my small dog (14lbs) who is constipated?

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Patches age 5 yr.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Patches?
Customer: She as always passed her wellness test with flying colors.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Patches is constipated, the best treatment is a dose of Laxatone every 4 hrs. This can be purchased at the pet store and is used for cats but works very well for dogs. This will help the stool slide through. If Patches is constipated, she would be straining to defecate and acting uncomfortable. There are times when this constipation cannot resolve on its own and may require veterinary intervention but start with the Laxatone to see if this will resolve this for your sweet Patch.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****