Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Hes off feed, will not eat at all i was him and i can

Customer Question

Hes off feed, will not eat at all i was petting him and i can feelswollen nodes, hes lethargic he doe drink water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Angus and 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angus?
Customer: He was coughing but it has subsided
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn Angus is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is he drinking more than usual?

3- What lymph nodes are you feeling swollen?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

5- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been on away out of town I came back Friday person taking care of him said he hasn't eaten in a few days and that he had been coughing which has subsided now. I can feel lymph nodes in his neck and behind his left arm he's drinking a little bit of water he will not eat any food I even put baby food on his lips he won't even lick Ican't tell if he has a fever he's panting very lethargic eyes look glazed over his gums are kind of pink he's an 8 year old Australian Shepherd I have injectable penicillin here should I give him an injection in case it is infectionn? I cannot afford to take him to the vet today for an emergency, in my reading I see that it could be lymphoma or an infection, given his symptoms I think and I'm praying it's an infection. Im sure hes dehydrated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I sent a whole breakdown of what's going on with my dog answer soon please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No other underlying medical conditions

I see you have requested a phone call, I am sorry but my licensing board does not allow me to make live call via this venue, I am sorry. I will opt out so another expert could help you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cancel my request 24 hrs is too long.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I asked you to cancel my request. Do not charge my credit card