Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I just have a quick question... My dog ate some raw pasta

Customer Question

Hi, I just have a quick question...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: My dog ate some raw pasta dough (no yeast) today, i took him to the vet and they induced vomiting and they said they think they got it all. I'm of course still concerned. Should he not have food for a while after?
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: They induced vomiting and got most of it out they "think" they didn't give me any after care instructions. Should I be watching f for any signs that rhere is still some dough in his system? If so what are the signs?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear that your dog has had such an eventful day! I would withhold food for 12 hours then feed small more frequent meals of a bland diet for 24 hours

- White rice and lean boiled meat such chicken as the bland diet in small more frequent meals
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.5 mg/ kg every 12 hours to help settle her stomach. If you have omeprazole that is also an option for settling the stomach at 1 mg/kg daily

These are added precautions to ensure that he is recovering well. Symptoms to monitor for include vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, lethargy, swollen abdomen, increased water intake, reduced appetite.

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, I am online another few moments tonight. I hope your pet is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier and hope that your dog is feeling better today!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman