Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She drinks a little bit of water and then vomits she also

Customer Question

she drinks a little bit of water and then vomits she also doesn't want to eat and has a brownish discharge coming out of he twat. I gave her a shot of penicillin Thursday about 1ml doesn't seem to be getting any better. she will eat a little bit if you hold it in your hand. she has energy but not like normal. I think she just think she has some kind of stomic flu what do you think?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: betty she is 12
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about betty?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Betty is not doing so well as of late.

Brownish discharge from the vagina and vomiting indicate she most likely has an infection of either her bladder or her uterus. A uterus infection can be life threatening in pets if not treated quickly by your vet, and only affects female pets that are still intact.

Is Betty intact? Has she ever been spayed?

- Dr. H