Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog ingested meth .he found out side.what can I do.can't

Customer Question

My dog ingested meth .he found out side.what can I do.can't afford to take to vet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Found empty baby out side. When I was walking him..don't know how much he detested. Please help
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: I think he might have had a stroke.loss of balance.jerky head movement.. Lethargic.,eyes not focusing... Loss of urine.
JA: How old is Please help?
Customer: 11 year old German shepherd and Dobby. Good health before this. Mouth dropping one side. Is able to drink water with a little eating after 12 hours..holding food down.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
65 lbs eating and drinking water with help. Hasn't slept in 24 hours.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'm sorry your question has not received a reply before now. How is Dobby doing this morning?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has stopped shaking.and finally slept a few hours. I'm worried about a stroke.right side of mouth is sagging. He's more alert and going to the bathroom reg. Still can't stand up. Doing R of m exercises with his legs.doesn't want to eat.will drink water with some help.

Try blending up some food with the water and making a slurry for him to drink, if he's willing to ingest fluid.

A stroke-like event is certainly possible with meth ingestion. Over the next few days you should see an improvement if there is one to be had. If you're unable to take him to a vet, supportive care at home is the best thing you can offer.

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion today?