Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She ate a vitamin d 3 1000iu, Bella and 1 1/2, No

Customer Question

She ate a vitamin d 3 1000iu
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella and 1 1/2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is 15 lbs
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did she just eat the 1 capsule?

Does she have any chronic medical problems?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1 capsules and no health priblems
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the information. You shouldn't have any problems here. With Vitamin D capsules, they usually have to ingest a large amount in one sitting or have a chronic overdosing of smaller amounts to have toxicity issues. Ingesting 1000 mcg should not cause any problems at home. Monitor her for any vomiting, diarrhea for more than 24 hours, bloody stool, lack of appetite, weakness or increase in drinking and/or urination. If you see any symptoms, I would have your vet check her out ASAP. I would be very surprised if you see any problems at all, though. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Bella is doing and to see if you have any further questions.