Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog is not eating, can hardly get up or walk,

Customer Question

my dog is not eating, can hardly get up or walk, foaming/drooling alot.. he is in alot of pain his eyes are blood shot and seems to be his hip area. there is swesaling on the right side
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** is a tear old
JA: How old is blue?
Customer: year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about blue?
Customer: he is ussally very active
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

Is he actually vomiting or have any diarrhea?

Is he drinking for you?

Is the swelling hard, firm, or have any discharge?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
4 days, no vomiting or diarrhea, he is drinking water not alot though, the sweeling is ferm,his gums are pale white, his belly area seems fine and he shreaded a big drop cloth
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Oh dear,

If his gums are white, this is an emergency situation and we need him seen urgently. This is something we see when dogs are having breathing issues where they cannot get enough oxygen but also with internal bleeding or anemia (due to failure to make red blood cells). And I'd note that we can see appetite loss and weakness with all of these but that those are minor signs. Furthermore, if Blue has a large swelling, it is quite possible this is where the blood loss is focused.

Overall, the signs you have picked up on are side effects of a bigger issue. And all of those differentials I noted are very serious and we'd need to have Blue seen right away to get on top of this and give him a chance.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ or via

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )