Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog came home barely walking & went to the water bowl &

Customer Question

My dog Emily came home barely walking & went to the water bowl & layed down, she was incoherent like she didn't know me, she seemed really weak, there are no visible marks of blood or cuts on her ! She is just sleeping, what Is wrong with her????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your message, but I just say your question and wanted to help answer your pet concern.

My name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Emily has some vague signs of lethargy and weakness that appeared out of the blue. This is concerning and can be caused by a number of things, but it is apparent that her cardiovascular system is severely affected.

I need some more pieces of information from you if possible.

How old is Emily? And what breed?

Can you look at her gums and let me know if they are pink or pale (white)?

Is her breathing ok or is it faster than normal?

- Dr. H

I see you may have gone offline. I will await a bit for your response. I may have to step away from the computer but I will keep checking back every 10 minutes to see if you need further assistance before turning in for the night.

- Dr. H