Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

It seems every time she gets excited..such as when she see

Customer Question

It seems every time she gets excited..such as when she see me, or we play with her and she starts barking with excitement...she wonders around and then she faints and collapse.. Her legs just slide from under her...then her breathing gets erratic..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No.wounds ..this has been going on for 2 months
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Aimee. She is a yorkie tea cup.. She is going to be 13 yrs old in Oct ..The vet said she had a heart murmur...
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Aimee?
Customer: She did give her an examine back in May..which I believe when it started..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Aimee. Her history of heart murmur and syncope (fainting) when excited indicates advanced cardiac disease. Both arrhythmia (irregular heart rate) and an inefficiently performing heart due to heart valve leakage need to be considered. Time is of the essence to have Aimee rechecked. Her fainting can progress to loss of life. X-rays and EKG of her heart are essential. If the diagnosis remains elusive, a cardial ultrasound (echocardiogram) will be recommended. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.