Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 2 small dogs, 10lbs and 25lbs just finished wolfing down

Customer Question

Hi! My 2 small dogs, 10lbs and 25lbs just finished wolfing down a plate of 5 brownies while we weren't around(never got on kitchen table before). Do we need to do anything?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since they ate the brownies?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Kathy, I see you have opened another question to answer my questions. Let's stay only on one thread, thank you. In response to your question, the main concern in this case, would be the smaller dog as the possibility of life-threatening symptoms are greater in smaller dogs. I would try to induce vomiting with peroxide. This is what you can do:

1- Give them 1 teaspoon for the small dog, 1 tablespoon for the big dog of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow them to walk for a minute and move their belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If they do not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3-Please let me know if they vomit I will be on standby waiting for you for the next 20 minutes.

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about Teddy/Milo. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter