Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

His penis leaks all the time and it's runing our couch and

Customer Question

His penis leaks all the time and it's runing our couch and it smells
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A blood hound bull mastiff mix
JA: OK. What is the hound's name and age?
Customer: Sid about 7 or maybe almost 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sid?
Customer: He was adopted, and this didn't always happen it just started about 2 months ago
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay great
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Is Sid neutered?

Does the urine just drip out of him when he's sitting or laying?

Or does the urine drip out of him when he's walking around?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both sitting, laying and walking. Sid it neutered
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he is neutered
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the information I'll be right back with your answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Since this problem has come on suddenly and the urine smells bad then there is a high probability he has an infection. In dogs over the age of 5 an infection can cause dribbling just as often as frequent urination and asking to go out frequently to urinate. I'd start with having the vet check him for an infection (with a urine sample). If there is one then usually a couple weeks course of antibiotics will likely fix this problem right up. If a urine sample is negative (no infection) don't worry not all is lost! In that case he likely has developed incontinence. If that is the case then he'll need to start the medication Proin (phenylpropanolamine) and/or testosterone. When those meds start to work it gives him back control over his urine and you'll have a dryer couch. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There's nothing you can perscribe or anything like that?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately not, it's illegal to prescribe with out a physical, in person exam. And if we don't know which is which (infection or incontinence) and we use the wrong medication we make things MUCH worse.

DR. Dan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay well thank you so much for your time, you don't know approximately how much I was charged by consulting with you do you?
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

I don't know 100% for sure but it appears to be around $20 according to my screen, if you want to know for sure then email customer service. The website stands between you and me to protect you from me having any of your information. Right now you haven't officially paid until you give a 3 star rating or higher. For now it is a refundable deposit.

Dr. Dan