Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

I have a berne see mountain dog that is having trouble

Customer Question

I have a berne see mountain dog that is having trouble breathing brought to vet and given antibiotics. Brought her back 2 days later for chest x-ray which they said was not readable and we need to have biopsy on her . Her glands and lymph nodes also all.swollen and she is 6 years . Is this the right way to go? I never even saw an x-ray.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. KV. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question right now and will respond to you in just a moment...

I am sorry you are going through this with Ruby. My suspect that the vet said the xrays were not readable because the lungs were not clear. This can happen when lymph nodes are swollen. Swollen lymph nodes can occur because of infection or lymphoma (cancer). A biopsy is a good idea at this point to determine if this is something more serious than an infection.

Hi Tina,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ruby. How is everything going?

Katie Volat