Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

11/2 english setter female. 4 days ago i bought taste of the

Customer Question

11/2 english setter female. 4 days ago i bought taste of the wild bison dry kilbble, diarrhea followed day after. she is active and acts normal, also I have 2 dashhounds 4 yr and 3yr. they also have the runs. I'm freaking out. I'm on a fixed income and a vet bill is not an option. hope you can help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: they all have diarrhea for about 4 days after eating the dry kibble from taste of the wild brand kibble.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: no sign of pain, they act normal, eating soft food ok ,active. just can't stop the runs
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Scarlett the english, bay the female dash and rose the dash
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scarlett?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that everyone developed diarrhea after changing their food.

I would recommend feeding everyone boiled chicken and rice, as this is very easily digestible and non-irritating. I also would recommend that you start everyone on a probiotic such as Fortiflora.

Once everyone's bowels return to normal, I would switch back to their previous food and carefully try different ones. I would suspect that the new food was very rich, possibly higher in fat, and this is what caused the diarrhea.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

How is everyone doing tonight? Any more diarrhea? Is everyone eating okay? Do you have more questions for me?

Dr. Amanda