Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She has allergies and our vet put her on Benadryl so she has

Customer Question

She has allergies and our vet put her on Benadryl so she has only had it twice today but she seems to be worse instead of better. Before this she was on Temaril-P
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She is itiching so bad and scratching till it bleeds... and I would like to know what to put on it where it is an open wound
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: It is NOT fleas. Her name is ***** ***** she is 4 years old and a Malti Poo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brandy?
Customer: No... what I really want to know right now is what I can put on the places that are like open wounds.... peroxide?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with Brandy today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has she been dealing with Allergies? Did the Temeril P work for her in the past?