Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Not even sure. Last night there was a large wet, kinda

Customer Question

Not even sure. Last night there was a large wet, kinda bloody-like. I'd think like when their water breaks. It went all the way down to the mattress. We rescued her literally from death row almost a year ago, and she's 2-21/2 what could this possibly be? Pure liquid, no food, mucus, just wet pink liquid we let both of them run around the block around 9 every night. Could someone have possibly kicked or hurt her? When she returned home, less than 5 mins later, her head was down like she did something wrong. Hey, it wasn't MY water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She's a love hog. Sleeps probably 16-18 hours a day. That includes our laps
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Charli Thanks so much Pearl. Have a good day and if you hear sirens you'll know my payment didn't go through!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog.

So you did not witness the production of this spot? Just came in the room and found it?

How is she acting today? Eating and drinking normally? Energy level ok? Is she asking to go outside more than usual?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No she's had her usual day so far. We're getting ready to go for a walk. She sleeps, and then she turns over, she sleeps on that side. She'll raise her head and goes spread eagle (what ever happened to modesty). When I'm through rubbing her, she sleeps. She sleeps a LOT, EVEN WHEN HER DAD GETS HOME, SHES IN HIS LAP, YOU GOT IT, SLEEPING.
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

But this is her normal behavior, not a new thing today?

Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Have you checked her mouth to be sure no wounds or injuries there?

I would watch her today each time she goes to the bathroom to check not only her stools to be sure there isnt' any diarrhea or blood present there, and also to look at her urine. You can either use a shallow tupperware to actually try to catch her urine, or if she wont allow that, you can at least bring some white paper towels along to place into the urine stream to see if there is any discoloration.

Also, look/feel all over her body carefully for any swellings or wounds. Possibilities for what you found could include:

Vomiting up saliva tinged with blood, saliva from the mouth tinged with blood due to an injury, dilute urine with blood in it, or a cyst on the skin that has ruptured and drained...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is. When she came home from her run 2nights ago, it was earlier than usual her head was hanging low like she'd done something wrong. It was not like her at all. I'm always out with them (2)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't imagine her throwing this much up. We didn't witness it but she knew it was there
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

It was just the one time? last night?

I have seen dogs vomit huge volumes of fluid, especially if they have recently drank water. I have also seen dogs soak their dog beds with saliva, or with urine, so those would all be possibilities.

If she is acting normally, normal water intake, normal appetite, normal energy (for her) and bowel movements, then I would just keep an eye on her for the next few days. And do as I mentioned- I would watch her today each time she goes to the bathroom to check not only her stools to be sure there isnt' any diarrhea or blood present there, and also to look at her urine. You can either use a shallow tupperware to actually try to catch her urine, or if she wont allow that, you can at least bring some white paper towels along to place into the urine stream to see if there is any discoloration.

If she has any abnormal changes, or you do notice the urine is pink colored or tinged with blood, then a visit to the vet is warranted.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me check her out again and get our walk in. I'm on disability and funds are limited but if I need to talk to you after all this are my options so I can still talk to you? I may not do this for my kids but Charli was they haven't been on death row...yet!
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Yes, you can always come back to our conversation here. I may not answer immediately, because I may not be online at the time, but I will get the message and reply as soon as I am back online!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks so much Dr K
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome!!!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OHHHH... So THAT'S how you get numbers..... Smoothe!
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

???? Sorry? Not sure what you mean about numbers... It is possible you have been sent some offer or notification via the website (which is not under my control). The only information I see is the conversation between us... I do not send any other information or requests etc. to you other than the conversation we have about your dog.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dr K, I'm just messin with you.
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Ok ;)

Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jess K