Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

8 year old, 60 lb. male pit mix, generally healthy happy

Customer Question

8 year old, 60 lb. male pit mix, generally healthy happy active, fine yesterday and early this morning, but after usual morning walk in woods, has become very lethargic, seems "out of it", glassy stare, little to eat or drink. Unremarkable stool and urine at 8:00p, just took for a short walk, which he did, got in and out of car on his own power, moved slow, but moved without needing my assistance.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucky
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucky?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I apologize for the delay in hearing back from us. Can you provide me with some additional and updated information?

1) How is Lucky feeling now?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) Have there been any changes to his food? Change in diet? new treats? human food?
4) How is his appetite today?
5) Is he on any medication?
6) Any illness or injury during his lifetime?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took my dog to a real live local veterinarian and ultrasound shows he has multiple inoperable bleeding cancerous tumors on his liver. His internal hemorrhaging was causing his lethargy and glassy stare, and he only has a day or two to live.I am tired of your impersonal way-too-delayed-and-constantly-asking-for-money emails and communications and just want my last hours with him in peace.Please leave us alone. I will never use or recommend this service again.