Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My daughter just called me because her roommate's dog (pit

Customer Question

hi! My daughter just called me because her roommate's dog (pit puppy) has become emaciated with foamy vomit, red stools, extremely dark urine and is not eating or drinking...I have encouraged her to take to the vet...but...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did me eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, it's kept on a porch and is taken for a run an a regular basis. It sounds as tho the pupp was fine yesterday but today the ribs are visible, and of course the poor thing is in pain
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about me?
Customer: I'm concerned that the owner won't have the "time" to care for her, and was hoping for a quick to whether it might be kinder to the animal to consider putting it down (these are young kids...sigh)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is this puppy?
2) How many vaccines have been administered by a veterinarian?
3) Have they considered surrendering to an animal shelter or rescue?
4) When did these symptoms begin?