Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

He is falling over when walking and then pee like he can't

Customer Question

He is falling over when walking and then pee like he can't walk straight and then after falling couple of times he pee and continue slowww then he is ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No really. let me see
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Scooby. 14
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scooby?
Customer: He throws oout every other day. but has always done that.. what's new is the falling over and pee
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Loss of balance can be due to a few different diseases. Scooby may have a vestibular disease, called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. The cause is unknown, but it causes abnormal eye movements, head tilts, loss of balance and is some dogs an inability to stand or walk. A severe ear infection would also cause similar signs. A stroke is another possibility. And my last concern, would be toxicity. Ingestion of antifreeze can cause uncoordinated gait and dribbling urine. I recommend that you get him to your local veterinarian as soon as possible, so that they can help determine the cause and how best to treat. Please continue to ask questions. Take care.