Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Our 8 week old male and female puppy were given canine

Customer Question

Our 8 week old male and female puppy were given canine spectra 5 by the breeder. She got them at tractor supply. The shot was given on Thursday sept 8. They have been fine. But today Saturday sept 10 my male puppy feces went from normal solid to diarrhea and has vomited three times. He was drinking fine all day but now when tries to drink water instantly vomits.he also isn't eating tonight. But he is still playing but feels warm. Is this normal or should I be worried. The female is fine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

I'll compose an answer and be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately you need to be quite worried, this is bad news. Any time an dog of any age starts vomiting up water right after drinking it is a need to be worried and likely an emergency. In a dog this young we must get this vomiting stopped quickly before his blood sugar drops and he becomes too dehydrated. This could be due to a virus (not necessarily related to the vaccine) or something he ate that is now causing a blockage. The important point is that vomiting up the water is bad news and needs to be stopped. This is important enough to call the emergency vet or call your regular vet for after hours instructions. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan