Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
My name is***** and I can help you today. Give me a minute while I look up the active ingredients in this product.
Okay. Good news! This product is relatively safe for dogs. I am assuming that it was sprayed a while ago and is was hopefully dry and the wasps were long gone from the nest.
If the product was dry on the nest, the only ingredient to worry about is the pyrethoid based insecticides. These must be ingested in large quantities to cause problems for dogs. The primary toxic effect you will see is muscle tremors and shaking. If you see this, she needs to go to the ER immediately.
If the product was still wet, there is a risk of toxicity from the mineral spirits that the insecticides are dissolved in. These can cause irritation to the mouth, esophagus and stomach.
Does this help? What other questions do you have?
How is your pup tonight? Any symptoms of muscle tremors or shaking? Do you have any more questions for me? Please let me know how she is doing, I was worried about her today.