Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She is trembling. She's an eight year old Havanese with

Customer Question

She is trembling. She's an eight year old Havanese with pancreatitis. Our vet is closed. Should I take her to emergency? Or keep an eye on her? I can't find anything she has gotten into to make her feel badly. She has no other symptoms but is acting a little off.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No We keep her on a strict low fat diet. She only gets carrots and apples for snacks to keep the pancreatitis under control.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is she eating?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

What color are her gums?

If you press into her abdomen from both sides, is she painful or uncomfortable?