Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I am giving my dog piroxicam for Tcc. I am also giving

Customer Question

Hello, I am giving my dog piroxicam for Tcc. I am also giving Essiac, and three Chinese herbs. Is that okay, will it work together I give the herb in the morning and piroxicam at nigh (6--8 hours apart, sometimes more). I ask for an opinion or two because the wholistic vet says okay, my regular vet who I work with is unsur, but maybe a bit skeptical, but says to do it if I think it adds additional help. The pharmasist says don't, and a friend of mine says that herbs may cause harm. She is a medical lab tech. I am really confused. I am trying to help my dog as much as I can. She is doing great right now, happy, frisky, eating and such. It has been approx two months with all this. I am wantin to know for the longer term
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  John Clark replied 1 month ago.

I would tend to agree with your veterinarian. I am not skeptical, I think they 'may' help (just unsure) and probably in some cases work alongside the piroxicam. See the blog link:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now did you get my last response. I seem to be having troubles getting bk on after I went to read that article. It just keeps telling me that I can't answer my y own questions