John Clark
John Clark,
Experience:  Owner/Operator/DVM at John Clark

Our dog is 9 months old. All of a sudden won't eat, barely

Customer Question

Our dog is 9 months old. All of a sudden won't eat, barely drinks. She's eating grass and is throwing up the grass and what ever water she's drunk. No energy. No fever though. She did eat a piece of sausage I offered yesterday. I've tried giving her broth. She just doesn't seem interested in anything. She is mostly an inside dog but plays in the yard which is fenced. No shots. When should I take her to the vet if I need to?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  John Clark replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Is it possible that she could have eaten something from the garbage? or foreign object like a toy or tennis ball?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she shredded our trampoline enclosure.

OK. Then I would go to the vet today. She needs a radiograph (x-ray) to look for parts of the trampoline enclosure. It may involve a surgical procedure to get that removed. There should be a veterinary clinic in your area that stays open till 4PM maybe even 6PM. That would be the least expensive way to determine if there is some part of the trampoline in the stomach. Other options include the emergency veterinarians in your area. Either way that needs to be done. She will also need a rabies shot at some point as it is a legal requirement in all the states.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

You're welcome. Good luck.