Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

X-rays shows that my 12month old staffy has a fracture in

Customer Question

X-rays shows that my 12month old staffy has a fracture in it's sesamoid bone in one of his paws. We try to rest as much as possible, no play with other dogs and no running. Will he make a full recovery or is this gonna be a problem throughout his whole life? I'm really concerned about this and want to be able to give him the best treatment och care that is possible. I don't care what it takes. Thank's / Matte Andersson
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good to hear... I'm waiting impatiently :)

Good Morning Matte and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Monster's condition....since he is so young, Matte, this can heal totally with cage rest and will not damage anything else. The young staffies heal very well and this sesamoid bone will be able to heal without any problem later in life. If for some reason, it is difficult to keep Monster quiet and the bone does not heal well, surgeons can make sure that it remains in place and heals so his long term prognosis will be excellent. Conservative treatment of traumatic sesamoid injuries are very successful, Matte, so keep up the good work.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Matte,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Monster. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta