Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

How much protein should a 3yo sedentary 19 lb Cocker have in

Customer Question

How much protein should a
3yo sedentary 19 lb Cocker
have in a day?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today.

In regards ***** ***** question, a 19lb Cocker that isn't overly active should have 1 gram of protein per pound of her weight daily. If she is gaining weight with lack of exercise, you can meet this while aiming to off less fat and carbohydrates. As well, to bulk up her diet and help her feel full fiber rich veggies (ie carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) can be added to her diet or used as treats.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )