Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I seem like she can't open her eyes, Nala she is 5, She has

Customer Question

I seem like she can't open her eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Nala she is 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nala?
Customer: She has a laceration in her tail
JA: Is Nala bleeding a lot?
Customer: Not any more But her eyes are really red as well
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She keeps trying to open her eyes but cant
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Huh?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still waiting...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's almost been 2 hours and no answer. Please let me know something
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Nala's blepherospasm ("squinting") concomitant with "really red" eyes indicates painful eyes which need the attention of her vet at your earliest convenience. I regret that eyes are difficult for me to assess from afar but I can tell you that her corneas may have been injured or intraocular (inside the globe of the eye) disorders such as uveitis (inflammation of the iris and its attachments) or glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure) can cause what you're seeing.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate the follow up but Nala is well. All she had was severe allergies.

Thank goodness. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.