Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My wheaten terrier vomited for the last 24 hours; refused

Customer Question

my wheaten terrier vomited for the last 24 hours; refused food; now had a stool with blood...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I can answer questions here, but I can't make calls for the website, sorry. I can opt out if you want to wait for an expert who can make calls.

There are many reasons for a dog to vomit, not eat, and have blood in the stool. If the blood is red, that means that the lining of the colon is irritated, and bleeding. If she had internal bleeding, like from a bleeding ulcer, the blood would be digested, and look black and tarry. If it is still red, it is undigested and probably from an inflamed colon.

If you look at her gums, are they pink in color, or pale?

This could be from an infection, pancreatitits ( how old is she? This is seen only in older dogs), inflammatory bowel disease, eating something that did not agree with her, parasites.

Let me know if you would like to continue, or wait for another expert who can call you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.