Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog, who is 7, is suddenly having difficulty walking from

Customer Question

My dog, who is 7, is suddenly having difficulty walking from one room to the other... It's like he can't tell where the floor is!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you able to post video of what you're seeing?
2) When did this begin?
3) When was the last time that Perceval had blood work performed?
4) Any conditions previously diagnosed or being treated at this time?
5) If he's taking medication, please list what he is taking and how often.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He's not taking any medication, and the last time he had blood work performed was a couple of months ago when he had a spate of gastric upset. He has done this before, but then it seemed to subside until just a few days ago. I am now at my office so I cannot post a picture. I am sorry for my late response.

A video would be most useful. There's no harm in the length of time it has taken to reply. We have as long as is needed. I'll be near the computer today and will be watching for your video once able to post again after work. Again, no rush.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'t be done here until later, close to 3 p.m. CST... but will upload a vid ASAP... I did make an appointment with my local vet, as he needs his Distemper Bordetello boosters anyway... but was hoping for something of an opinion on the issue ahead of that. It's just very odd. The floor surface is laminate, that looks like hardwood floors. Sometimes he will just stand and stare at the floor unsure how to proceed. Will the elapsed time cost extra money?

No worries. I'll be on until around midnight. There will be plenty of time. Elapsed time does not increase the cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I got sidetracked and could not post, but I have scheduled an appointment with my local vet so no worries. Thanks anyway.

I'll contact customer service for you. Good luck! Let us know if you need any further assistance.