Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is throwing up, peeing in the house, laying on his

Customer Question

My dog is throwing up, peeing in the house, laying on his back, legs spasming. Our vet is closed. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. That doesn't sound good. I would be concerned that he swallowed something, either a toxin or something causing a foreign body. There could still be other issues going. Seizures are possible, but you usually do not see vomiting with seizures. Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do about these symptoms at home. My best advice is to get him in to see your nearest emergency vet. He needs some blood work, intravenous fluid therapy, medications to stop the vomiting, possible medications to stop seizures or tremors and other supportive care based on what the blood work shows. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.
Hi Trey,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bruce. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was following up to see how Bruce was doing and to see if you had any further questions.