Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is throwing up for the last 3 days 6-8 hours after

Customer Question

My dog is throwing up for the last 3 days 6-8 hours after eating (2 x per day) like clockwork. Shall I take him to a well equipped emergency vet clinic or a small vets office?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. If he has been vomiting this often and this long, he definitely needs to see the vet. You regular vet should be able to handle this, though. If after running some tests, they find that his condition requires hospitalization, they may refer him to the emergency clinic. If you regular vet is not equipped to handle sick cases, then I would just go to the emergency vet. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I was following up to see how your dog is doing and to see if you have any further questions.