Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I

Customer Question

i
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn Latte is having problems with her bowel movement. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she trying to go?

2- How much does she weigh?

3- Did she get into anything?

4- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no 20lbs no no no

Thank you for answering my questions. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting for you reply

It sounds like Latte may be constipated, this is what you can try:

1- Get her to drink more by offering low sodium chicken broth.

2- Add 2-3 teaspoon of canned pumpkin to her food. Increasing fiber helps with regularity.

3- As a stool softener, you can give a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Miralax every 12-24 hours or Mineral oil 2 to 3 teaspoon every 12 hours. You can find these over the counter in any pharmacy.

4- You can also give milk as a stool softener; normally it causes diarrhea but in cases of constipation will act as a stool softener.

5- If she does not have a bowel movement within 12 hours of doing the above, I would have her checked by your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter