Krista Kline
Krista Kline, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
96058759

My 1 and a half year old puppy has these pretty large bumps

Customer Question

My 1 and a half year old puppy has these pretty large bumps all over his body like feet stomach legs back face eye will get swollen too even on the sides of his mouth . He keeps itching or licking them so I thought he had an allergic reaction so I've been giving him Benadryl for two days now and they will get a lot better until the medicine wears off and then they come right back in different spots or even the same. He's barely eating or drinking to
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He played for awhile outside in my friends backyard Sunday night and he was fine when we came home and he woke up w that on Monday morning
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Milo And no I haven't but I will niw
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milo?
Customer: It doesn't look like he has one Um he's recently had fleas that I've been treating but other then that no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Krista Kline replied 3 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Kline. A small animal veterinarian and I hope I can help you and Milo. How long has this been going on?

I have a few more questions to ask you about Milo to get a better feel for what maybe going on. Are the bumps scabbed or bleeding? When did Milo last eat a meal and drink water? Do the bumps go completely away on the Benadryl?

Without further information on Milo, it sounds like he is possibly having an allergic reaction to something. I would recommend you have Milo examined by a veterinarian because allergic reactions can be severe and occasionally life threatening. In most cases it can be treated successfully if caught early with use of antihistamines and other medications. If Milo is severe the veterinarian may recommend injectable medications to help control the allergic reaction. I sounds like Milo may need more than Benadryl at this point.

My goal is to make sure you get your question answered and all the information you need regarding Milo's issue. If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your veterinarian.

Expert:  Krista Kline replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I was just wondering how Milo wanted to make sure everything was going well.